Table Tools with an ajax request for data

Table Tools with an ajax request for data

taelortaelor Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2010 in TableTools
OK, so I am making a ajax request for a long backgrounded report. When the report is finished it returns the HTML table, and then I call the DataTable initialization on it.

I can get the "Copy to clipboard" and the print view to work, but neither of the exports will work. Is this something similar to maybe not using $().live("click") in jQuery or something? I was under the impression that these exports utilized flash.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Replies

• taelortaelor Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Actually, I just figured this out.

The HTML title on the Page had a "/" in it, so when it tried to open up the dialog box with the file name, it must error out or something since its kinda like a sub folder.
    i was looking for a place to submit a issue ticket to see if we could maybe replace any "/" with a dash or underscore or something
  • gavingavin Posts: 22Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2010
    @taelor

Did you get TableTools to save the complete set of data from ajax (I mean, all pages, not just the current page) as a spreadsheet?

I was under the impression that it was only possible with the current screen of data when using ajax.
    oh I only wanted the current page, so i didnt try getting it to save all of the pages.
This discussion has been closed.