Errors While Compiling ZeroClipboardPdf.as on a Mac

Errors While Compiling ZeroClipboardPdf.as on a Mac

furiousballfuriousball Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am trying to change the font size for PDFs (from 11 to 8)

pdf.setFont( new CoreFont(FontFamily.HELVETICA), 8 );
if ( message != "" )
{
pdf.writeText(11, message+"\n");
}

I believe I have most everything set up correctly to recompile the swf...

I downloaded the Flex SDK 4.6 into /Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/

I copied the ZeroClipboardPdf.as3 and folder lib from ...\TableTools\media\as3 to /Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin

I downloaded and placed AlivePDF.swc in /Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/libs

I executed this command:

(fcsh) mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -library-path=/Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/libs ZeroClipboardPdf.as

But receive the following errors, looks like I don't have the files that came with AlivePDF (folders were in org/alivepdf/...):
fcsh: Assigned 4 as the compile target id
Loading configuration file /Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/flex-config.xml
/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(204): col: 21 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method CoreFont.

pdf.setFont( new CoreFont(FontFamily.HELVETICA), 14 );
                         ^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(204): col: 53 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type int to an unrelated type String.

pdf.setFont( new CoreFont(FontFamily.HELVETICA), 14 );
                                                         ^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(210): col: 21 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method CoreFont.

^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(210): col: 53 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type int to an unrelated type String.

^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(237): col: 5 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type Boolean to an unrelated type org.alivepdf.colors:Color.

true,                     /* 6. alternateRowColor */
            ^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(239): col: 5 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type Number to an unrelated type org.alivepdf.colors:Color.

.1,                       /* 8. border alpha */
            ^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(241): col: 5 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type Array to an unrelated type String.

columns                   /* 10. columns */
            ^

/Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/bin/ZeroClipboardPdf.as(28): col: 27 Error: Definition org.alivepdf.fonts:CoreFont could not be found.

import org.alivepdf.fonts.CoreFont;
                         ^

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Sounds like it might not be including the AlivePDF library. Have you put that library into your /Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/libs path?

Allan

• furiousballfuriousball Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the response, Allan (love DataTables, btw). I have AlivePDF.swc in /Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/libs

Did I need to include more than just that file?

I don't think so. I use a relative path myself: mxmlc --target-player=10.0.0 -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -library-path+=lib ZeroClipboardPdf.as . Maybe that makes a difference?

Allan

Gave it a shot...

(fcsh) mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -library-path=lib ZeroClipboardPdf.as
    fcsh: Assigned 1 as the compile target id
    Loading configuration file /Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/flex-config.xml
    command line: Error: unable to open 'lib'

One thing, I have to remove the "--target-player=10.0.0", otherwise I get this...

(fcsh) mxmlc --target-player=10.0.0 -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -library-path=/Users/vank/documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/libs ZeroClipboardPdf.as
    fcsh: Assigned 2 as the compile target id
    /Users/vank/Documents/Adobe/Flex-SDK/frameworks/flex-config.xml(65): Error: unable to open 'libs/player/10.0/playerglobal.swc'

</external-library-path>

Not sure if that is related or not.

allan - is this something I need to escalate to paid support?

All I really need is an swf compiled for an 8pt font for the body of the pdf

• jeffwjeffw Posts: 38Questions: 5Answers: 0

furiousball, were you ever able to fix this? I am looking for a similar solution, to take font size down to 10 point.

If I rename the file to .as3, compiler gives 'unsupported file type' error.

If i use the filename ZeroClipboardPdf.as, I have to rename the class inside the file to match the filename. Then I get the error

ZeroClipboardPdf.as(182): col: 32 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: PDF. [references private function configPdf():PDF]

I'm using datatables 1.10.3 and tabletools 2.2.2.

Anyone know of a fix?

This is the set of commands that I use with Flex 4.12:

mv ZeroClipboardPdf.as ZeroClipboard.as
        mxmlc --target-player=10.0 -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -library-path+=lib ZeroClipboard.as
        mv ZeroClipboard.swf ../swf/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf

which seems to work nicely for me.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I got the Apache Flex 4.12 SDK and retried building as per your instructions, but I'm still getting

Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: PDF.

It's referencing this line in the .as file:

private function configPdf():PDF

I had to build for target player 10.2, as it looks like 10.0 isn't available any more.

Have you seen this error or have any idea how to fix?

edited October 2014

I've not seen that error I'm afraid. What OS are you building on? Not sure it will have any effect - but it might.

My only guess is that ti isn't finding the AlivePDF library. Try removing the shared runtime flag from the compile and see if you get a different error...

I'd offer to recompile the SWF, but I'm away from my main machine for a little hill now I'm afraid.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I'm using OSX 10.7.5. Same error if I reduce compile line to

mxmlc ZeroClipboard.as

I'll post a fix if I find one; I wonder if other people are seeing this. Many thanks again for a great tool.

Hi,

Back from holiday now and just recompiled the PDF. You can grab a 10pt font size varient from http://datatables.net/dev/copy_csv_xls_pdf-10.swf .

I should perhaps offer font size as an option for TableTools' PDF export, but I know I'm going to be rewriting it the relatively near future, so reluctant to add new features to the current software...

Allan

• cvescovicvescovi Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited January 2015

Have to say, I have had the same problems with this, attempting to recompile using Courier font so that can generate multiline cells. Mac doesnt now support a 32bit JRE, so went to flex v4-9 and getting lots of compile errors right at the outset... Any chance the two HELVETICA references could be changed to COURIER and a recompile done? It'd be most appreciated!!

This discussion has been closed.