Where can I find examples of DataTables Editor using static HTML instead of server-side data source?

Where can I find examples of DataTables Editor using static HTML instead of server-side data source?

carrrcarrr Posts: 3Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello,

I am getting started with DataTables Editor, and I am trying to configure some basic examples for demonstration to my team. Is it possible to use the Editor to demonstrate the client-side functionality using an existing HTML table instead of a server side data source? I don't need the CRUD operations to actually work for my demos, just the selection of rows or cells, and the pre-population of their data in the various display modes of the editor.

Thanks very much.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Is it possible to use the Editor to demonstrate the client-side functionality using an existing HTML table instead of a server side data source?

Sort of, but Editor is very much geared to actually storing data, since that is fundamentally what it is about. Beyond demos there are very few use cases for an HTML only page whereby a refresh will clear any changes. The code would also need to handle the creation of new id's for rows on create, etc as well.

This example which uses localStorage might be of some interest, but that is the only example on the site that doesn't use a database (as I say, that is by far the most common thing to use Editor for).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.