publication date in Search results

publication date in Search results

FicosFicos Posts: 88Questions: 22Answers: 0

It might be an idea to place the publicationdate of search results, because most of the results seems to regard to old versions of DataTables, and in fact I am only interested in the latest ones ...

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75
    Answer ✓

Are you talking about when using the search box in the left menu?

If so, I don't think its possible, its a Google search of the datatables.net website, not some code that Allan has control over.

But I do agree with you...

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395
    Answer ✓

But I do agree with you...

Me too. But I don't think Vanilla's forum is configurable in that way.

While we're on the subject of searches, I think the search box should stay at the top of the page. Too many people already don't think of searching for a solution; putting the search box below the fold will only increase their number and put further pressure on Allan's time.

• allanallan Posts: 63,096Questions: 1Answers: 10,390 Site admin

I'm going to experiment with the search box below the fold and see if it changes the number of searches. I'll also try putting it at the top of the nav, but that is a bit more ugly.

A custom site search would be wonderful - if anyone knows a service that is better than Google custom site search, please let me know. I've never been overly happy with it, and the forum's own search is terrible (with no disrespect intended to the Vanilla folks, who provide this awesome software for us to use).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.