I want "lite DataTables" version with pagination and filter only

I want "lite DataTables" version with pagination and filter only

PC_ContraPC_Contra Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello everyone!

I want "lite DataTables" version with pagination and filter only.

There is a very VERY quick filter, as you can see.

How can I get It? Or, may be, anybody has done this work yet?

I'm interested only in functions for quick search...

Thanks for answers!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

If you only want to use a couple of feature of datatables, then that's all you have to use. All of fancy stuff is easily ignored.

• PC_ContraPC_Contra Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes, I know. But is it a way to amputate a part of
    "jquery.dataTables.js"
    file with search-engine only?

• ThomDThomD Posts: 334Questions: 11Answers: 43

No. Use the .min version of you are concerned about file size.

ThomD, thanks a lot.

But I'm interested in private developing

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75

Hes right, I mean its open source, so if you wanted to, you could dig through the code and get the relevant parts out, but im pretty sure that wouldnt be supported, at all..

Why do you want to strip everything else out?

Better yet... why use DataTables at all? why not just either find 2 other plugins or one other plugin that can do the filter and pagination? Or write some of your own JS to do it?

Using DT to only take those two functions out is like buying a car just because you want the steering wheel and ash tray.

Is there a specific reason you dont want any of the other code? I mean if its the minified JS file, it really shouldnt effect size or load time at all.

If you want to use other plugins to accomplish these, I found some via Google.
    Table Filter
    Pagination
    However, I bet you that if you just use the minified datatables JS files, it would be less code than those two plugins

edited October 2015

I don't speak English very well, but I can answer to you:
    I don't look for minimize js file size, I'm not interested in it.

Is there a specific reason you dont want any of the other code? I mean if its the minified JS file, it really shouldnt effect size or load time at all.

Yes, there is a specific reason. I don't like DT <select class="show 10, 50, ... notes">
    I prefer an input with onblur eventListener. The other reason I dislike DT - there is no support for
    mRender: function(data) {
    nDel = document.createElement("DIV");
    nDel.addEventListener("click", delR,false);
    return nDel;
    }
    DT only support innerHTML, which provide only onEvent triggers. That's why I need to make global scope of vision for delR() function:
    mRender: function (data) {
    return '

';
    }
    And so on... DT is good, but it restrains me in my application

So i'm interested in finding all parts (read - functions) of search engine. I have disemboweled a part of DT, find a parts of code of searching, and many functions for optimization.

for examle, facebook has rebuilt php to hip hop. And there is no reason for me to use all DT with feature I don't need, And use DT without features I really need

• allanallan Posts: 63,096Questions: 1Answers: 10,390 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The source for DataTables is available on github if you which to modify it. All you need to do is keep the copyright notice in your modified version.

Someone probably has stripped parts they don't need out, but I'm not aware of that work being published.

My goal is to provide the ability to build a custom version of DataTables with only the parts you need, but that's a lot of work. I'm been making progress in that direction with each major release, but likely it will be a good long time (years) before I can fully complete that work.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.