download support/plugin

download support/plugin

noname03noname03 Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

i am wondering if there is a plugin or a new version coming out with download support.

what i mean by this is if i import files into the table for downloading i need to be able to check boxes on downloading selected or download all or with the filter plugin download filtered.

currently tablesorter has this but not too fond with it as its too plain and you can only apply color changes and not a theme.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

Could you give a link to the tablesorter demo showing that feature please? I'm afraid I'm not quite understanding what you are looking for.

Allan

• noname03noname03 Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

There is the Buttons extension for DataTables, which provides file creation abilities from the table. It doesn't have the GUI to select the options, but that could be modified in the code if you needed to add that ability.

Allan

maybe that might not be the same. i am not the one coding but i have a vision and trying to get my vision created. let me try to explain it.

i have a table with 3 columns.
    column 1 is a description
    column 2 is the raw file
    column 3 is a pdf

it lists everything right now the way i want but i want to be able to add a check box in column 2 next to the link of the raw file.

this check box is good for "selected"

the frame on top or the menu on left will have a button called download with a dropdown or on the top of the table that has 3 options.

download all
    selected
    filtered

when you use the filter option it only displays what you wanted. you will be able to download those files listed.

all would download all listed in the table. however many pages are it will download all.

selected would just download the ones with the check marks on the boxes.

if i can get this option for datatables i believe i can switch. this option is my must have besides the bootstrap theme-ability. i hope this helps with what i am trying to achieve.

I'm slightly confused I'm afraid. Do you want to export the data that is shown in the table? Or do you want to download files which are referenced inside the table.

Based on the link above I suspect the former, but reading your post I think its the latter.

If you want to download only selected rows, yes that is possible - you would use selected: true in the exportOptions.selector-modifier option. I don't have an example of that available online, although that would be a good one to add.

Allan

ok this will work for selected but what about a download all. by this i mean all links to files located in column 2 it will download all of of them. one right after another until it has gotten all of them and stop or a link is broken.

by this i mean all links to files located in column 2 it will download all of of them

No - there is no option for that in DataTables (I don't see it in the link you provides above either). You would need to either:

1. Use some Javascript to trigger a download of all documents
    2. Use a server-side script to combine them all into a single file and download them that way.

Allan

i wish i could provide a sample. i can show you a screen share session if you wanted to email me. use the email i provided for the regi

I'd be happy to help under the DataTables priority support options.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.