[Bug] Ctrl f search on a column name breaking the horizontal scrolling

[Bug] Ctrl f search on a column name breaking the horizontal scrolling

kousenkousen Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited January 2016 in Free community support

Is this well known? any possible fix?

To reproduce : open the following link, search with the browser search for e-mail, see the unaligned table head.
https://www.datatables.net/examples/basic_init/scroll_x.html

Answers

• kousenkousen Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Still no solution

• glendersonglenderson Posts: 231Questions: 11Answers: 29

ctrl - F, as in a browser search?

when I do a ctrl-F (using ie, and type in datatables.net, all the visible entries are highlighted.

when I do a similar in FireFox, it shows their are 11 entries in the exposed dom as expected.

What are you seeing that is unexpected?

edited January 2016

Yes, browser's search, if you search for a header column name that is to the side of the view (in the example 'e-mail'), only the head of the table moves, not the body of the datatable, making everything unaligned.

Example (see that the start date values are shown underneat the "e-mail" column)

• glendersonglenderson Posts: 231Questions: 11Answers: 29

So, your complaint is that if you search for a column header, that is off screen that the header scrolls into view, but the underlying column does not.

So, your expecting the scroll of the header to also fire off a scroll event of the body to keep both the header and column in alignment.

Thanks for explaining the issue ... sorry I don't have an answer.

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

Thank you for flagging this up. The issue is related to the fact that there is a scroll event listener on the scrolling body, but not the header (the user can't scroll that, so I hadn't realised there was need for it).

Unfortunately the answer isn't just to add a listener in the header element since that would create a double binding. I'll need to have a think about the best way to resolve this. It might take a bit of time due to the backlog.

Allan

Any news?

• allanallan Posts: 63,195Questions: 1Answers: 10,412 Site admin

Sorry no. I'll post back here when I get a chance to fix it, but as I say, it might be some time.

This discussion has been closed.