Indian Rupee Currency Icon not display while creating a pdf using datatable jquery

Indian Rupee Currency Icon not display while creating a pdf using datatable jquery

sainixsainix Posts: 13Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hey i m using datatable in my project but when i click on pdf file to download it not display my currency icon ₹ . instead of it show ?
. help me how to solve this problem while creating a pdf or excel file using datatable.

thanks

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,385 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Are you using Buttons or TableTools? If TableTools then throw that away and use Buttons - TableTools does not support UTF8 and never will (since it is no longer being developed).

If you are using Buttons then please link to a test case showing the issue, per the forum rules.

Allan

• sainixsainix Posts: 13Questions: 6Answers: 0

'aButtons': [

{
                        'sExtends': 'xls',
                        'sButtonText': 'Save to Excel'

},
                    {
                        'sExtends': 'pdf',

'bFooter': false
                    },

],

• sainixsainix Posts: 13Questions: 6Answers: 0

in case of button using , when i click on pdf it always hang and not working if pdf file contain more than 1200 rows. how to solve this problem if i m using button instead of tabletools

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,385 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Okay - so you were originally using TableTools. As I say, it won't work there and I'm afraid it never will. The PDF library that was being used doesn't support UTF8 and is no longer being worked on by its author.

With Buttons it uses the pdfmake library, but it has problems with large tables. I'm surprised it can't cope with only 1200 rows though - that shouldn't an issue. Can you link to the page please.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.