Unable to view datas after downloading excel format(Open office) in MAC.Need resolution??

Unable to view datas after downloading excel format(Open office) in MAC.Need resolution??

RekaReka Posts: 21Questions: 6Answers: 0

When I click to this link(https://www.datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/initialisation/export.html) and trying to download excel format in Open Office, I can able to download the datas but unable to view the datas. I face this issue in MAC.Kindly provide a solution for this issue as soon as possible.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,262Questions: 1Answers: 10,423 Site admin

Hi,

Did you do a forum search for the term "OpenOffice"? If so, you would have found other threads on this topic. As they note, this is a bug in OpenOffice.org.

As those threads also state, we are in the process of changing the xlsx file that is created to one that OpenOffice can read (the current file is valid xslx, but the OpenOffice bug stops it from being opened).

Those changes are in the nightly version if you want to try them out and will be released soon. There are some known issues with the nightly version (not working in IE for example) which are being worked on.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.