ColReoder : Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'insertBefore'

ColReoder : Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'insertBefore'

SureshvSureshv Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I've an issue with ColReorder plug-in with complex headers. It is working well if there are no complex headers. The table has 25+ columns with complex headers and column reorder is working well for first 10 columns or so. When try to reorder other columns, it throwing following error. Please suggest fix for this issue.

datatables.js:15584 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'insertBefore' on 'Node': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'.fnDomSwitch @ datatables.js:15584$.fn.dataTableExt.oApi.fnColReorder @ datatables.js:15730(anonymous function) @ datatables.js:14997$.extend._fnMouseUp @ datatables.js:16500(anonymous function) @ datatables.js:16409n.event.dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3

Versions : DataTables 1.10.12, ColReorder 1.3.2, FixedColumns 3.2.2

Thanks,
Suresh

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,714Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin

Hi Suresh,

Can you give a link to a page showing the issue please.

Allan

• SureshvSureshv Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Is there a way to share archive file with html, css & js? I try to create a page in jsfiddle & jsbin but couldn't succeeded. Ajax source is an url pointing to a local file.

Thanks,
    Suresh

Answer ✓

What you could do is just paste it into http://live.datatables.net . Even if it doesn't work out of the box, it would at least let me see the code.

Regards,
    Allan

I've placed the code as you requested, please find below link.

http://live.datatables.net/boyabudo/1

Thanks,
    Suresh

Answer ✓

Super - thanks for the link. I understand what you mean now and I'm sorry to say that there is no fix for this yet. ColReorder doesn't support headers with colspan or rowspan in them at this time. It is something I hope to add in future, but its obviously a fairly difficult thing to do.

Regards,
    Allan

Thanks for the update, we have issues with column resize plugin too in this case (https://github.com/Silvacom/colResize), hope these will added in near future.

It would be nice to drag and drop group headers instead of columns.

There is an another issue, headers are not intact with rows in FF and IE. If we use "white-space: nowrap;" there is slight miss alignment. Please access above link in FF, we can see the issue clearly.

we have issues with column resize plugin too in this case

This is third party and not supported by myself I'm afraid.

headers are not intact with rows in FF and IE. If we use "white-space: nowrap;" there is slight miss alignment.

Thanks. I'll try to make some time in the next week to look into it.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.