Getting started issues

Getting started issues

abear@thorapps.comabear@thorapps.com Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2016 in Free community support

Hi All,

I've downloaded the Editor .Net getting started samples (following the instructions to the letter).
On starting the first debug session I just get a "'jQuery' undefined" error back, after navigating to anything from the Index.html page. This is thrown from the dataTables.editor.min.js
Inspecting the Simple.html page (one of the pages I chose as a test) I can see it has references to the jquerey libraries and the browser has no issue accessing them and downloading them.

I will admit to being pretty new to jQuery, but otherwise a seasoned (20+ Years) web developer.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Adrian

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your message about this - sorry to hear that you are running into problem here. I've just downloaded the trial version myself to check it and it appears to work okay for me. The only change I made was to set the connection string for the database.

The examples should be loading jQuery with:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.3.min.js"></script>

Is the what is shown in the examples you have? There are only two reasons I can think of why that wouldn't load jQuery:

1. File is loaded using file:// rather than http:// or https:// (assuming you are running the project through Visual Studio that shouldn't be an issue since it will run its own web-server).
    2. Something is blocking jQuery on the jQuery CDN for some reason (a browser plug-in perhaps?)

What is shown in your browser console? Chrome and Firefox should show information about why files aren't loaded if they fail to do so.

Regards,
    Allan

• abear@thorapps.comabear@thorapps.com Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    So far I have narrowed the issue down to IE10 running on Windows Server 2012 standard. I'm currently upgrading to R2 so I can test with IE11. My user will be accessing the Datatables in O365 so I have to validate everything works in IE11.
    I'll keep you updated as I progress.
    Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin

Interesting. Editor should work on IE8+. Yes please, let me know how you get on.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.