Editor 1.5.6 // Bug with bootstrap style inline editor ?

Editor 1.5.6 // Bug with bootstrap style inline editor ?

fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4

Hello all,

I have just upgraded to Editor 1.5.6. i have a strange behaviour with inline editor styling.

When I do inline edit with one of the tables that was working normally with 1.5.5 the stile applied to text edito and to drop dow selector is not styled in accordante with boostrap.

If I select the row and perform a normal modal edit the modal window style is actually boostrap.

When I exit the window and try again on my table inline edit then the boosrtrap style is correctly applied.

Is it a know bug? Did I do anything wrong?

ty
f

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,133Questions: 1Answers: 10,399 Site admin

I'm not aware of that issue. That isn't to say that it isn't an issue, just not one I'm aware of yet possibly! Could you give me a link to your page so I can investigate what is causing it please?

Allan

• fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4

Hi Allan,

I have publkised the website on my esternal test environment. I will send you separately the link and credentials to get in the application.

Since you are in I will list you 2 other formatting issues I had. I posted them in the recent past and you requested me to provide a link but I did not have before now an external test environment.

Once logged in the web app:

-> Issue 1
    on the left navigation menu select
    Famille et enfants > Gestions des enfants

If you try to edit any of the kids listed on the table you will see that text box and drop down menu have no style applied.

Select 1 kid. Edit with the modal editor. Exit without any modification.

Redo inline edit. Style applied!

Since you are in can you please also check another styling issue (this one I am sure is my fault but I cannot find what I am doing wrong.

-> Issue 2
    On left menu select
    cahier des evenements

In the table diplayed you will have a couple of entries. If you click on the Description field a bubble editor will open.

The update button is not positioned correctly and the triangle on the bottom is not displayed. What am I doing wrong?

The issue was present before migrating to the new libraries version. See post
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/34515/rendering-issues-with-bubble-modal-editor-and-bootstrap#latest

-> Issue 3
    on the left navigation menu select
    Famille et enfants > Gestions des enfants
    Select a child
    Got to tab 'Contrat'
    You will se a table with a contract
    Click on the button 'Sem. 1' rendered in the tab row
    It will open a modal window with databales used to manage a weekly schdule.
    -> If you click on 'Arrivée' the inline editor will not display the time and the box is not formatted
    -> If you click on 'Sortie', the time is diplayed but not box formatting.

Before migration the issue was not present.

-> I also have the resizing issue for which you asked me the link. see post below.
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/35961/inline-editor-how-to-avoid-column-resizing#latest

This one was present also before migration.

I have upgraded to
    Editor 1.5.6
    Datatable 1.10.12
    Buttons 1.2.1
    Select 1.2.0
    Boostrap 3.3.6 was previously installed.

Thanks for help!

ty
    f

Thanks for the details! I'll get back to you tomorrow about this.

Regards,
    Allan

-> Issue 1

This appears to be caused by the fact that there are multiple editor instances on the page. It means that an event isn't being triggered which is what would add the classes. I'll debug this locally and get back to you.

Regarding the other two issues, I'll need to try and get back to you about them next week.

Regards,
    Allan

Thanks Allan,

I'll wait your debugging session.

Is there anything I could change in the code to avoid the error?

ty
    f

Answer ✓

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to dig into the issue yet. I will try to do so asap.

Allan

Hi Allan,

let me know when you will have time to do the debugging.

I will have to enter some data to populate the tables for the debugging.

ty
    f

This discussion has been closed.