Complex headers & Responsive - Not working anymore

Complex headers & Responsive - Not working anymore

womplifywomplify Posts: 30Questions: 3Answers: 0

In the latest version of DataTables & Responsive, complex headers stopped working.
Before, it used to compute properly the table headers, remove what is not needed and adjust the row/col spans.
Now, it adjusts the visibility instead of removing/adding TH elements, but it doesn't do so properly in case of complex headers.

Here is a live demo
http://live.datatables.net/ceheqequ/1/

When viewing as desktop, all is fine. Now start shrinking down the view, and see what happen.
The header always has the first th row, even when it is not needed. And it causes the Contact columns to jump to the HR-info section.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Unfortunately yes, this is a limitation in Responsive 2.0. See this github issue. The plan is to resolve it for 2.1.

Allan

• womplifywomplify Posts: 30Questions: 3Answers: 0

is it considered a high-priority bug? and 2.1 is "in the oven"?
    If not, how would you recommend resolving (or working around) the issue for now?

The only option at the moment is to roll back to Responsive 1.x I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll get a chance to address this. Not too far away I hope, but it won't be in the next couple of weeks.

Allan

• ABONOABONO Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hello Allan,
    I've updated to 2.1.0 but complex headers still not working, any news about that ?

No news I'm afraid. There were other features that meant the versioning should move on to 2.1 (rather than a patch level release) which is why Responsive 2.1.0 is now available. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to work on the complex header aspect yet and I didn't want to hold the release back for it. I'm not sure when Responsive will gain this ability yet.

Allan

• mohierfmohierf Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    I am also really interested in this feature ... any idea about a release date ?

Fred

Not yet sorry. I'm currently working on other aspects of the software, so I don't have a timeframe for this yet.

Allan

• legendslegends Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0

Everbody looking for a temporary fix:
    * DataTables 1.10.13
    * hot-fix → datatables.responsive v2.1.1

stackoverflow.com/a/42072471/2581562

• alex_frogeralex_froger Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi legends.

Thank you very much for this solution.
    Unfortunately this doesn't work with more than 2 rows in the header.
    Hope this will be fix very soon.

This discussion has been closed.