Asynchronous iTotalRecords and iTotalDisplayRecords update

Asynchronous iTotalRecords and iTotalDisplayRecords update

radovaradova Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2012 in Feature requests
Great plugin, probably the best! I've just made a donation - the first but not the last.
It would be nice to have a feature for an ajax request that will update iTotalRecords and iTotalDisplayRecords and pagination buttons asynchronously without re-rendering the table.
Why? Rows counting in big database tables (e.g. 10,000,000+) can be extremely slow, much slower than selecting records to display. The idea is to display data as soon as possible using some estimated numbers for iTotalRecords and iTotalDisplayRecords and to use separate ajax request that will update pagination data and buttons asynchronously after table has been rendered.

Alex

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Hi Alex,

Thanks very much for the donation :-).

Regarding your requirements - you might be interested in this pull request on the DataTables core: https://github.com/DataTables/DataTables/pull/60 . I haven't yet integrated it, as I'm not 100% certain about the use case, but if you are interested and willing to help test that, I will see if I can add it to the DataTables core. Perhaps have a look at the pull request and try running the modified code to see if it suits your needs.

Regards,
    Allan
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I'm guessing you could extend the API and update it yourself with your custom AJAX Call.
This discussion has been closed.