Move JUI into plugin

Move JUI into plugin

richardprichardp Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2012 in Feature requests
I don't use jQuery UI on my site (I actually use Bootstrap) so I'd rather not have all the JUI styles built-in to DataTables. Even though I don't use them, it's still in the JS and needs to be downloaded by client browsers for no reason.

It would be great if the JUI parts could be moved into a plugin so people that want it can simply load two files (or ideally concatenate and minify them). And then it would be easier to have other theme plugins, such as one for Bootstrap. It would combine the changes to default styles and the custom paging functions.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,690Questions: 1Answers: 10,101 Site admin
    I think this is a really good idea. What I've been thinking of doing is effectively making the "theme platform" integration into a separate plug-in - so there would be a ThemeRoller option, Bootstrap and whatever other CSS framework people wanted to use. The correct hooks would all need to be provided (there aren't the right hooks currently available to transplant the ThemeRoller code), but that I can see happening in the 1.10 work. Certainly with 1.10 and 1.11 I'm planning on moving DataTables to being a lot more modular.

Quite excited about the next two major releases of DataTables :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.