Getting unknown runtime error in IE6 and iE7

Getting unknown runtime error in IE6 and iE7

akantro11akantro11 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2009 in General
i have 2 datatables on a page and everything is fine on firefox 3.5+ and ie8 but some folks have started complaining as when my page loads in ie7 or ie6, it get the "Error on page" in the bottom status bar.

When you click on it, it says:

Unknown runtime error:
jquery.datatabase.min.js
line: 273
char: 171

in cases when the table has no record (and should show "No matching records found" which it does in other browsers), it just shows the table headers and doesn't show the message at all.

Again this works in the latest browsers but wanted to see if anyone has seen these errors in ie6 or 7. I am using the latest version of the datatables plugin. (1.5.6) and jquery (1.3.2)

any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• akantro11akantro11 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited December 2009
    i replaced jquery.datatables.min.js with jquery.datatables.js and the error (same error) is now on:
    line: 2660
    char: 6

not sure if that will help but i guess it should be easier to see where the error is happening.

also, here is my datatables code:

[code]
    $(document).ready(function() {

dependencyTable = $('#applicationsTable').dataTable();{
    "bPaginate": false,
    "bJQueryUI": false,
    "bSortClasses": false,
    "oLanguage": {
    "sSearch": "Filter:"
    },
    "bSort": true
    });
    });
    [/code]

although i get the same error when just doing this:

[code]
    $(document).ready(function() {
    dependencyTable = $('#applicationsTable').dataTable();
    });
    [/code]
  • allanallan Posts: 61,831Questions: 1Answers: 10,132 Site admin
    Hi akantro11,

Odd. Line 2660 is about the 'information' element which is used for giving a summary of the information on display. But I've not encountered any problems with this before. Could you please post a link which shows this problem so I can debug it further?

Also the first code block in your second post looks a bit suspect :-). The initialisation object isn't in the dataTable function call...

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.