PHP files and its details in down loaded package

PHP files and its details in down loaded package

sheejasheeja Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2012 in Editor
Hi,
Just downloaded a trial version of datatable Editor-1.2.1. Also tried the generator and
down loaded the codev..Great work....

I could not understand the purpose of all the php files used in examples\php\lib.
what i understand is that..
Config.php- to include db user details; bootstrap.php to decide redirection( to where?). Datatable.php - to check php version.

But inside examples\php\lib\Database there are again 3 files named database, query and result.
Finally inside examples\php\lib\Database\Driver\Mysql folder files named query.php and resut.php.

Can you please brief the purpose and use of these files. Which is required for REST method ? Which are relavant only for MYSQL ? And Is server side scripts are there in this folders?

Hope some one can help me as I could save time before getting full version of it.

Replies

• vinod_ccvvinod_ccv Posts: 75Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2012
    Hi,
    Namespaces are one of the most significant changes in PHP 5.3. Auto loading of Name spaced Classes is used here to select the right class from right file for specific conditions. But I am not sure why the classes are not clubbed and and unwanted classes and files are eliminated in the generated Down load folder( Option is asked for selecting PHP 5.3 and MYSQL PHP PDO). Hope @Allen can address this issue and give you more reliable answer regarding your queries .[quote]Which is required for REST method ? Which are relavant only for MYSQL ? And Is server side scripts are there in this folders? [/quote]
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    edited September 2012
    All of the files in the `lib` directory for the PHP implementation are required with the exception of those found in `Dataase/Driver/{databases-which-you-do-not-use}` . The classes which are decried in these files are fully documented here: http://editor.datatables.net/docs/current/php/index.html .

> Which is required for REST method ?

These classes do not implement REST, although they could be used to do so if you wish.

> Which are relavant only for MYSQL ?

All except the drivers for the other databases.

> And Is server side scripts are there in this folders?

No - there is currently no server-side implementation using the Editor DB classes. Something I will be adding in the next major version. The standard PHP server-side script will work just fine though.

Allan
  • sheejasheeja Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2012
    Thank you very much for those in formations.
    Can any one explain me the difference between Joined tables and self referencing join table.[quote] When we can do direct reference - single object method with joined table, why we use self referencing method? [/quote]
    I am talking it in terms of examples available here. May be I m wrong what I understood. Please correct me.
    [quote]How to Club two input text fields before submitting same to data base . (Pre submit method?)[/quote]
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    > Can any one explain me the difference between Joined tables and self referencing join table.

Joined tables are described here: http://editor.datatables.net/tutorials/php_join . A self referencing join is when the table you a JOINing to is the same table as the parent table.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.