IE7 : column headers, sInfo div, sSearch box, sPaginate all glued during scrolling + overlay problem

IE7 : column headers, sInfo div, sSearch box, sPaginate all glued during scrolling + overlay problem

JimmyLuisJimmyLuis Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in General
Hello,

I have set up a DataTables table with an Ajax datasource and the target browser is IE7. The table is in a with auto scrolling set in css (this is a requirement as there is a splitter on the page as well). Now when I scroll further down to see the rows - the column headers, sInfo, sSearch and all other DataTables useful controls remain glued to the div and as I scroll down, the other elements of the page just go through (or over) them transparently. I don't get this bug on firefox, safari, opera and ie8, ie9, only on ie7. But that makes my table unusable.
I've tried playing with the z-index of these ids but I can't seem to fix it.

Btw, the table and the column headers are defined in the html page. If I use a DOM datasource I don't get any such bug. But I can't go back to DOM.

Thanks a bunch,
Jimmy

Replies

• JimmyLuisJimmyLuis Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Ok I solved my problem. It's IE7 mishandling of position:relative. I had to put position:static (default) instead... in all my datatables surrounding divs.
This discussion has been closed.