Warning: TableTools 2 requires DataTables 1.9.0 or newer on Internet Explorer (8/9)

Warning: TableTools 2 requires DataTables 1.9.0 or newer on Internet Explorer (8/9)

agustin_garciaromeroagustin_garciaromero Posts: 42Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in TableTools
Hello,
I'm receiving the error shown below on IE8/9, while the same code works just fine on FF/Chrome:
"
Warning: TableTools 2 requires DataTables 1.9.0 or newer -
www.datatables.net/download
"
Below are the version of the DataTables files I'm using:
dataTables.editor.min.js: 1.2.2
dataTables.tabletools.min.js (code starts with ' var ZeroClipboard_TableTools={version:"1.0.4-TableTools2" ...')
jquery.dataTables.min.js 1.9.4
jQuery v1.8.2

By looking into the Google Chrome Frame, I can see the following errors being triggered:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to set value of the property 'TableTools': object is null or undefined
dataTables.tabletools.min.js, line 57 character 378
SCRIPT445: Object doesn't support this action
table.aqua_cert_progress.js, line 11 character 2

Where code for the referred .js file looks like:
[code]
/*
* Editor client script for DB table aqua_cert_progress
* Automatically generated by http://editor.datatables.net/generator
*/

(function($){

$(document).ready(function() {
var editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor( { /*Line 11*/
"ajaxUrl":
[/code]

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    edited November 2012
    Please provide a link to a test page showing the error. Can yo can see here ( http://editor.datatables.net/release/DataTables/extras/Editor/examples/index.html ) TableTools, Editor and DataTables will work fine in IE9.
  • equisdeequisde Posts: 34Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I had the same problem when migrating my website datatables from 1.8 to 1.9.

I almost went crazy looking for the trouble. Finally i found the solution cleaning the web browser cache (pressing CTRL+F5) that was storing the old TableTools.js

I hope this works for you
  • agustin_garciaromeroagustin_garciaromero Posts: 42Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello,
    I created the form from a brand new Editor 1.2.2 installation (which includes datatables 1.9.4).

Effectively, by refreshing several times (though the the error keeps showing) the table is displayed properly.

I don't think it's related with 1.8, because I tested with a couple of users who don't do anything related with DataTables, so there is no chance their cache is mixed.

This has been tested in an intranet environment, but as suggested by Allan, I'll publish an internet demo, so it can be reviewed further if needed.

thanks
  • allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Yes please - I need a way to be able to reproduce the problem to have a chance of fixing it.

Allan
  • agustin_garciaromeroagustin_garciaromero Posts: 42Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello,
    The issue was related with a JS library (HeadJS) I was using to load the .js files. For some reason it's not working properly on IE, while on FF and Chrome it does well.

Thanks for the support.
    This discussion can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.