Greedy buttons Table tools

Greedy buttons Table tools

icemovericemover Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in TableTools
See link to picture.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34921860/dtab/Greedy%20buttons.pdf

Moving mouse one step down causes pull-down menu to be destroyed due to the buttons below grabbing control.
I would like the users to be able to use the menus even when the dropdown overlays a buttons.

I expect other users of DataTables must have experienced this issue and can point me in the right direction on how to remedy this.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,916Questions: 1Answers: 10,149 Site admin
    Have you checked the z-indexing? Also what does Chrome's inspector say - which does it indicate is in front?
  • icemovericemover Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I have z-index : 99 on the drop_down + position relative. I tried putting a low z-index on the button containing div to no avail.

NB: The right-most button "print" does not interfere with the drop-down.

However, the "PDF" button that launches a flash player element does.

The id ="ToolTables_DataTables_Table_0_3"

When hovering over the button, the class "DTT_button_pdf_hover" is added to the element.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,916Questions: 1Answers: 10,149 Site admin
    Okay - i think we'd need a link to a test page to be able to offer any help then.

Allan
    Thanks, I have put up an example running at:

http://rklaeboe.info/xrates.

As long as you drag the drop-down on the right hand side it goes ok, it is when passing over the PDF-button that it gets into problems.
    I have decided to work around the problem by positioning the buttons below the table instead.
    As this is no longer is an issue I have taken down the example.
  • thingcubedthingcubed Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I ran into this issue as well, but was able to fix it by adding 'z-index: 90;' to div.DTTT_container in TableTools_JUI.css.
This discussion has been closed.