TableTools not sorting on Print View

TableTools not sorting on Print View

ljriveraljrivera Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2013 in TableTools
Hello,

I am trying to use Tabletools and everything works perfectly but the sorting of columns on while on print mode.
I dont know if this has anything to do with the fact that the table is really wide and normally would have sScrollX enabled.
So i have been playing around on debug mode and i notice something.
At the beginning of _fnPrintStart , _fnPrintHideNodes is called. While on debug mode, i noticed that this removed the table header. If i modified the code so that it didnt remove this header, then this headers sorting functions worked, however this header was too short and did not contain all the data.
Later on the header is reinserted on the _fnPrintScrollStart function, however this new header does not allow sorting.

Is there a initialization variable i missed that i should have enabled to turn the sorting on??

Thanks for your time and help,

L

Replies

• ljriveraljrivera Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited January 2013
    I believe that the listners for the sort buttons might not be properly set when the complete header is reinserted. I will further investigate.

EDIT:
    after removing
    sScrollX and sScrollXInner, sorting works on print view, but i kinda need these enabled
    instead, of letting it it remove and reinsert the header, kept the old one and re sized it with this code
    [code] oSetDT.nScrollHead.style.width = $(oSetDT.nTable).outerWidth()+"px";[/code]

now it sorta works, sorting works but the widths on the header re-size as soon as i sort by anything and the there is a mismatch with the table cols.

Allan can you point me on the right direction? Thanks
    I used the css to force the table to resize correctly but i think there is a bug in the code.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Can you link to a test case please? As you can see here, the header is retained on this table: http://datatables.net/extras/tabletools/ . So I need to know when it is removed.

Allan
    edited January 2013
    Hey allan thanks for your help ill try to put my code on a public facing site so you can see the example.
    Yes, you are right on the example it does remain. The only problem occurs when sScrollX is enabled (if i disable it, it works as expected).
    When _fnPrintStart is called the header is removed on
    [code]this._fnPrintHideNodes( oSetDT.nTable );[/code]
    latter on this peice of code is called
    [code]/* Adjust the display for scrolling which might be done by DataTables */
    if ( oSetDT.oScroll.sX !== "" || oSetDT.oScroll.sY !== "" )
    {
    this._fnPrintScrollStart( oSetDT );

// If the table redraws while in print view, the DataTables scrolling
    // setup would hide the header, so we need to readd it on draw
    $(this.s.dt.nTable).bind('draw.DTTT_Print', function () {
    that._fnPrintScrollStart( oSetDT );
    } );
    }[/code]
    Then the header is finally readded on _fnPrintScrollStart.
    [code]/* Copy the header in the thead in the body table, this way we show one single table when
    * in print view. Note that this section of code is more or less verbatim from DT 1.7.0
    */
    var nTheadSize = oSetDT.nTable.getElementsByTagName('thead');
    if ( nTheadSize.length > 0 )
    {
    oSetDT.nTable.removeChild( nTheadSize[0] );
    }

if ( oSetDT.nTFoot !== null )
    {
    var nTfootSize = oSetDT.nTable.getElementsByTagName('tfoot');
    if ( nTfootSize.length > 0 )
    {
    oSetDT.nTable.removeChild( nTfootSize[0] );
    }
    }

nTheadSize = oSetDT.nTHead.cloneNode(true);
    oSetDT.nTable.insertBefore( nTheadSize, oSetDT.nTable.childNodes[0] ); //Header reinserted here!!
    [/code].
    This new header looks fine but it wont allow sorting. It might take me some time but ill work on giving you an example. Thanks again for your help.
    edited January 2013
    Hey allan here is the sample test case,
    Sorry its not the prettiest but it will do for now
    http://jsfiddle.net/aGGtb/11/embedded/result/
    As you can see the sorting is not working on the print page.

Thanks again for your help
  • allanallan Posts: 61,920Questions: 1Answers: 10,153 Site admin
    Thanks for the link to the test case. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is off the top of my head, but it does look like a bug. I'll try to make some time to look into this next week.

Allan
    Thanks for looking into it allan, I have two questions for you. I was looking into the source and i am having trouble understanding something. Why is it that when there is scrolling involved, you split up the header from the body?
    [code]/*
    * The HTML structure that we want to generate in this function is:
    * div - nScroller
    * div - nScrollHead
    * div - nScrollHeadInner
    * table - nScrollHeadTable
    * thead - nThead
    * div - nScrollBody
    * table - oSettings.nTable
    * thead - nTheadSize
    * tbody - nTbody
    * div - nScrollFoot
    * div - nScrollFootInner
    * table - nScrollFootTable
    * tfoot - nTfoot
    */
    [/code]

and the second one is, can you explain a little bit more how sScrollXInner inner works? I read that it forces the scrolling to use more space, but if i have sScrollX enabled and remove the Xinner, my table wont have a scrollbar on the bottom dispite having a large table.
    Similarly if i add it, it will work fine with some tables, but the scrollbar will act funky with larger tables with more cols. Right now i wrote a workaround that sets up the sScrollXinner depending on the total column count but it would be nice to know a bit more how this worked.

Thanks again for you time and help,

L
This discussion has been closed.