jquery dataTables IE & Firefox display issue

jquery dataTables IE & Firefox display issue

ConnieConnie Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2013 in DataTables 1.8
I am a newbie and have successfully displayed jquery dataTables to search either at the top or the bottom, I can click ascending and descending and I made the search filters for each column at the top instead of in the footer. Chrome and Safari works perfectly. Both IE 8 and Firefox fail to align on the right side of the screen where the data in the body extend beyond the headers and footers. There is 13 columns including the index which makes it wide and when you click to refresh the browser all the columns line up but once the refresh completes the body sticks out beyond the header and footer.
I am unable to provide a link but I can show you my code, note some parts are not included where variables are defined etc. It is written in php and I think the missing parts are not needed here. I have searched the Internet and tried everything I know how and I am at a loss as to how to fix it. I wish it was as easy as dropping the unnecessary comma as others have done. I would appreciate some help. Thank-you.

$mystyle = ('

@import "/jquery/dt/media/css/demo_table_jui.css";
@import "/jquery/dt/extras/ColVis/media/css/ColVis.css";
@import "/jquery/dt/examples/examples_support/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.8.4.custom.css";
.ColVis
{
float: left;
margin-bottom: 0
}

');

echo $mystyle;

echo "";
echo "";
echo "";
echo "";

echo "";

$js = ('
$(document).ready(function()
{
var oTable = $("#myTable").dataTable(
{
"sDom": \'C<"clear"><"H"lfrip>t<"F"lfrip>\',
"bJQueryUI": true,
"sPaginationType": "full_numbers",
"fnDrawCallback": function ( oSettings )
{
if ( oSettings.bSorted || oSettings.bFiltered )
{
for ( var i=0, iLen=oSettings.aiDisplay.length ; i
This discussion has been closed.