TableTools "Select/Deselect all" buttons are incompatible with '"bDeferRender": true'

TableTools "Select/Deselect all" buttons are incompatible with '"bDeferRender": true'

thargenediadthargenediad Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2013 in TableTools
As Allan mentioned in this forum post (http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/8862/problem-with-bdeferrender-and-jquery-selector-on-table/p1)...

[quote]deferred rendering is most certainly going to upset any selector, including the $ API method. The nodes haven't yet been created, so they can't possibly be selected - which is the whole point of how deferred rendering gets its speed boost :-).

So deferred rendering + the ability to select all rows are mutually incompatible.[/quote]

I didn't find this documented in the TableTools nor the DataTables "bDeferRender" documentation, however. It may be a good idea to update the documentation, so other users don't end up as confused as I was. ;)

Thank you for this superb tool, Allan.

Anton

Replies

• KyopaxaKyopaxa Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited August 2013
    I totally agree with the update in the documentation. I spent some valuable time at work trying to figure out why TableTools was not able to select some rows in my DataTable until I realized it was because of bDeferRender.

Unless you guys plan to release a fix so TableTools selection works with aoData while TR nodes are not yet rendered.
This discussion has been closed.