TableTools Open Exported file

TableTools Open Exported file

djedjicadjedjica Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2013 in TableTools
Hello! First of, great plugin, thank you very much for contributing. Also, I apologise for my English.
Now, for the question. I'm working with Datatables and TableTools , Server Side, ASP:NET (C#). I get that export is only aplicable on displayed records, is there a way to open exported file after exporting, when everything is done client side?
Also, if I need to do it server side, are there any examples how to do this maybe tutorials or MSDN is my best option?
Thank you in advance! Kind regards!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin
    No - this is not possible. Its a feature that Adobe decided not to include in Flash file exporting, and other than using an entirely different file saving mechanism, there is no way around it.

Allan
  • djedjicadjedjica Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    But it is possible to fill for example excel file with db values and open it after finish, server side, I mean threw c# code?
  • essexstephessexsteph Posts: 57Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Generating a file (probably CSV rather than Excel) on the server and getting it to open automatically is perfectly possible, but not anything to do with DataTables - it's all about serving a file with the correct headers. See http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/48055#Comment_48055.

Steph
This discussion has been closed.