Grouping in IE very slow

Grouping in IE very slow

bosco66bosco66 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2013 in General
I'm using jQuery 1.8.2 and data tables with the Grouping add on code. Works great! In Chrome at least. But in IE8 it takes around 20 seconds to bring back a table of 500 rows grouped into 20 groupings. Is there any insight any of you can give on this? Additionally, I'm working with JSF 1.2 in a RAD environment. Updating to new versions of anything is not an option.

Thanks!

Replies

• psharppsharp Posts: 39Questions: 0Answers: 0
    We are also using the grouping add on and it works a charm! In Chrome.. IE8? Not so much.
    Unfortunately our result sets can be at times, 20k result rows which Chrome has very little issue with but causes IE to eventually die.

Does anybody have a resolve for this?

We are stuck with XP and IE8 with no upgrade plans set for this fiscal year :(
  • bosco66bosco66 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Correction: I'm now using the latest versions of jQuery and Datatables. No change in IE speed.
  • allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    What grouping code are you using? If the Row grouping plug-in here ( http://jquery-datatables-row-grouping.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/index.html ), that is not part of the DataTables core project and not supported here. I'd suggest filing an issue with that project.

Also, how are you loading the DataTable? Ajax with deferred rendering is how I'd recommend doing it.

Please link to attest cases: http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read

Allan
  • bosco66bosco66 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using the Row Grouping plug-in. Using AJAX and the deferred rendering definitely helped the IE speed. Unfortunately it slowed down Chrome. Go figure. Speeds are acceptable for my users.

I'm new to all of this and in the future will post test cases. Thanks for the info. And thanks for the suggestion of AJAX. I'm learning.
This discussion has been closed.