CSS been not applied

CSS been not applied

deven85deven85 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in DataTables 1.9
Hello Everyone,

I started using Datatables and have seriously liked it from the core of my heart, sincere thanks to allan who has thought very much before developing it.
I have used it in one of my Project and used JSON for parsing data and rendering though everything works fine the way i wanted but the CSS are being not applied to Table and it looks very weird.

The [code]demo_page and demo_table css[/code] files are included in my JSP hope thats enough.

Well guys this the fiddle URL [code]http://jsfiddle.net/deven85/S7TP7/1/[/code] and mind it dont look at the Result as i cant share all the code; but have shared pretty much all the code related to Datatables and not to mention there isnt any serious problem but Tables looks bit shady since the CSS that we see in Datatables website doesn't work on it at all.

Please help me on this as this is the only thing that has been eating my lot of time.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,204Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Have a look at the console in your browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera) and see if you are getting any messages. Possibly there is a 404 error?

Beyond that, I can't say anymore without a test case I'm afraid.

Allan
  • deven85deven85 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for your prompt response... although i had tested for same error on console before, i did checked once again after your response but console on both Firefox and Chrome are pretty clear.

Just don't understand what might be the problem?...its pathetic when you don't see any Error or Exception; just hunting in dark :-(
    Hey Allan,

There's something i have discovered is that the way my Datatables looks like is if you remove [code] @import "../../media/css/demo_page.css";[/code] statement from any of the example HTML from package.

Second thing is the way i have included the css files in my JSP is using tags
    but you have included through @import; does it makes any difference between two?

Waiting for your reply sir!
  • allanallan Posts: 63,204Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    No there is no practical difference between using and @import.

I'm afraid I simply don't know what the issue is without a link to a test case. You note that you are hunting in the dark - I'm even more in the dark as I can't see it :-). I'd really like to help, and I'm sure I can but I just don't have the information available to be able to say what is wrong.

Allan
    Hey Allan,

Thank you so much for your hunger to atleast help me out in some or other way...i really appreciate that you atleast made an effort for replying me on it.

But the good news is i managed to fixed the issue somehow..the problem is when using Datatables with struts tags in JSP I believe even Eclipse at time gives problem...well enough to say that what I did was actually copying js_array.html and then changing everything to JSP slow and steadily..and to my shock it did worked although it took lot of time to work on it...Thank you soooo much allan for your replies.
This discussion has been closed.