DataTables not showing all the rows it should show

DataTables not showing all the rows it should show

atcs2152atcs2152 Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2013 in General
My app uses DataTables extensively but this issue has come up recently and I'm stumped as to why. In one of our DataTables instances we have issues where not all rows show up when they should. This seems to happen when there's only a few records to show. It will say "Showing 2 of 3 entries." This seems to happen when there's only a small number of records to show. Clicking the "Next" button will immediately cause all three records to display properly. What makes it especially difficult to diagnose is that it's not at all consistent. It will do it for one user but only once. If I reload the page, it won't do it the next time. I can't get it to do it at all on development machines. The items per page drop down options are 10, 25, 50, 100 and All so it shouldn't be affected by that. I suspect it may have something to do with the client computer (kiosk mode, LAN, etc?) but it doesn't do it consistently enough to prove that. The data is there when the page loads (not via AJAX). Anybody else run into a similar situation?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin
    Link to a test case please, as noted in the forum rules.

Allan
  • atcs2152atcs2152 Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    It happens too unpredictably to link to. I've only been able to observe it twice on a certain computer and then only once for a given employee.
  • allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin
    I'm afraid I can't really offer any help then, with out a way to understand and reproduce the error as I don't know what is causing it.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.