TableTools only exports visible rows

TableTools only exports visible rows

mstone42mstone42 Posts: 13Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2010 in TableTools
We're using server-side data fetches, and returning a lot of rows. When using the TableTools to export (either to Excel or CVS), only the rows currently being displayed are getting exported, not the whole table. Looking at the TableToolsInit object, I didn't see anything relating to 'displayed' versus 'all' rows. I'm guessing this is not so much a bug as a side-effect of using server-side fetches (since no data is being cached). Is there an easy way to have all the rows exported - aside from hacking the code that generates the Length drop down to include larger display values?

Using:
DataTables version 1.6.2
TableTools version 1.1.4

Replies

• hkda150hkda150 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Same issue here...

The problem is, that even if you programmaticaly load the complete table content at once (server side) you won't get non displayed values in your export.

Help would be very appreciated.
  • DrakoDrako Posts: 73Questions: 0Answers: 0
    im having the opposite problem, everything is saved and i want just the visible ones to be saved/printed, or maybe have both options.
  • SorasoraSorasora Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Sorry to up this topic but I've exactly the same issue !
    It exports as excel or CSV only my 10 visibles rows...
    Any solution please ?
  • sachin_kakkar83sachin_kakkar83 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi. Did anyone get any solution to the issue. For me also, only the visible rows are getting exported to an excel sheet or a pdf. Any help, would really be appreciated.
  • allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Are you using server-side processing? In which case, yes only visible rows would be exported since that is all the client-side knows about. Failing that, can you give me more information please (ideally a debugger trace).

Allan
  • sachin_kakkar83sachin_kakkar83 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes. I am using server side processing. Thats why its happening. I read in some other discussion. With client side processing, the export to csv functionality works fine. For server side processing, I have used the "download" plugin and I am sending the excel sheet as a response from the servlet. Everything is working fine now.
  • hakan483hakan483 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello allan, Is there any other way yo export them with all filtered data like print? first change to iDisplayLength to -1 then export etc maybe. Is it possible?
This discussion has been closed.