Datable Undefined index: sEcho

Datable Undefined index: sEcho

weshpotweshpot Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2013 in DataTables 1.9
Hi,

First and foremost, please kindly consider i am a novice with Jquery/java and i apologize in advance for some questions which may sound confusing.
Having said that i tried my best to solve my issue reading all threads and i could not succeed.
As mentioned in title i get this undefined index :SEcho error

I am working on localhost (127.0.0.1) wamp server and i installed datables 1.9. I activated serverside. However it seems through the debugger that no XHR were made so i am wondering what is wrong.

index.php

[code]
$(document).ready( function() {
$('#example').dataTable( {
"sDom": '<"H"lf>t<"F"ip>', //pour enlever le filtre simplement enlever le f et etc.. pour les atures.
"iDisplayLength": 4,
"aLengthMenu": [[2, 4, 8, -1], [2, 4, 8, "All"]],
"bJQueryUI": true,
"bProcessing": true,
"bServerSide": true,
"sAjaxSource": "datatable.php"
... [/code]

I have all the Pdo class code in datable.php
When i try to refresh i get this undefined sEcho problem for the table refresh

the error on the server side are (Apache log). I am doing an include of tablebottom in the index

[code] [Tue Nov 05 11:42:29 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: sEcho in D:\\wamp\\www\\website\\datatable.php on line 111
[Tue Nov 05 11:42:29 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Stack trace:
[Tue Nov 05 11:42:29 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP 1. {main}() D:\\wamp\\www\\website\\index.php:0
[Tue Nov 05 11:42:29 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP 2. include() D:\\wamp\\www\\website\\index.php:67
[Tue Nov 05 11:42:29 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP 3. TableData->get() D:\\wamp\\www\\website\\includes\\tablebottom.php:109[/code]

Connection works fine and i get some data through the

[code] echo json_encode( $output ); [/code]

Here is the result below the table
[code] {"sEcho":0,"iTotalRecords":"9","iTotalDisplayRecords":"9","aaData":[["1","Home improvement","homeimp"],["2","Landscaping","landscaping"],["3","Ac maintenance","ac"],["4","other home impro","ohi"],["5","swimming pool","swimmingpool"],["6","clim","clim"],["7","troisiemeonglet","trois"],["8","pest machin","pestcontrol"],["9","All","All"]]} [/code]

I read that could be a 500 error but i have no idea how to solve that and how to enable XHR

Thxs for you help/assistance.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,302Questions: 1Answers: 10,431 Site admin
    Very likely we'd need a link to at least the PHP you are using, and ideally the page as well, to be able to offer any assistance. What you have above looks fine to me.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.