Extend TableTools "Download Plugin" to enable target="_blank" for the downloaded items.

Extend TableTools "Download Plugin" to enable target="_blank" for the downloaded items.

andrew_stvnandrew_stvn Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2013 in TableTools
Hi, This is my first time to post a thread here.
I really want to say DataTables is really awesome! Thanks for your hard work Allan.

Okay, back to topic, I want to ask is that possible to add [code] target="_blank" [/code] to the extended Download button in TableTools?
If possible, could you show me the way?

My website is here:
http://1lifesolution.com/zakura/sales.php
(go the child table and click on the PDF - Receipt (...) button)

My goal is to make the PDF file opened to a new tab instead of force a file download into my browser.

For the serverside PDF generator, I use the latest version of TCPDF (v6.0.050) and I set the output setting with [code] $pdf->Output('ex_receipt-cash.pdf', 'D'); [/code]

Just FYI, we can change the 'D' parameter with another else when I read the documentation.
This is the explanation of that parameter from TCPDF Documentation:
[quote] I: send the file inline to the browser (default). The plug-in is used if available. The name given by name is used when one selects the "Save as" option on the link generating the PDF.
D: send to the browser and force a file download with the name given by name.
F: save to a local server file with the name given by name.
S: return the document as a string (name is ignored).
FI: equivalent to F + I option
FD: equivalent to F + D option
E: return the document as base64 mime multi-part email attachment (RFC 2045) [/quote]

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.