Datatable text limit??

Datatable text limit??

jchappell99jchappell99 Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2014 in General
I have a datatable with 6 columns of demographic data. I have a hidden column that has an HTML formatted string that I use to display a dialog box when the user clicks on a row in the table. My web service returns 200 rows of data.

It seems I'm hitting a limit or something. In my hidden column of data, I have a pretty long string of built HTML. Displaying roughly 12 or 13 additional pieces of data in the dialog. So, the sting is pretty long.

I could only add 3 or 4 pieces of info to the built HTML string initially. When I changed the web service to only return 100 rows to the datatable, I'm now able to ad to the HTML string. So, it seems like I'm hitting a limit or something...

Is there some sort of limit that exists that I need to display??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
John

Replies

• jchappell99jchappell99 Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    A little more info.

When the web service returned 200 rows and I had the HTML string for the hidden column returning a very long string, the datatable was stuck on "Processing" and never returned. Only after I limited the result set to 100 did the datatable finally draw with the long HTML hidden string
  • allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    > Is there some sort of limit that exists

No - DataTables has no hard limits built in.

Are you using server-side processing with GET requests? Your HTTP server might have a hard limit.

Failing that, I think we'd need a link to a test page.

Allan
  • jchappell99jchappell99 Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using server side with GET.
  • allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin
    I'd suggest you might be reading the hard limit of your server then. Check your server's error logs.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.