Table not rendered when using aaData with JS-Array

Table not rendered when using aaData with JS-Array

mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1
edited February 2014 in DataTables 1.9
Hi,

I'm not seeing what I'm doing wrong here and probably I looked at the code for too long to see anything ;-/
I'd appreciate some help in fixing this...
Baiscally this all worked with a 'tradional table' - but rendering was far too slow with > 1.000 records. So it seemed like a good idea to put it the data into a JS-Array and have DT do all the work ;-) But I've done something wrong in the transition and get an empty table.

http://mbaas.de/aadata.htm
and http://debug.datatables.net/odivus

Thanks

Michael

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,887Questions: 1Answers: 10,142 Site admin
    Thanks for the test case. There are 5 404 errors on the page, including:

> [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (dataTables.de_DE.txt, line 0)

Which I think will be upsetting things.

Allan
  • mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1
    edited February 2014
    Arrrgh - sry. These errors were introduced when I prepared the test-case. I fiexed 'em and there are no more 404s now - and it still does not render.
    Parse error on line 36 I'm afraid :-).

Allan
    How did you find that? Firebug shows a SYNTAX ERROR in row 1774 of aadata.htm - which does not have that many rows. This row has a segment from the .JS.File where 'myDataSet' is declared. But syntax-validation for that source-file has not shown errors, so at the moment I'm totally clueless what is happening there :((
    On the console in my browser (Safari in this case).

There is a spare `}` just before the document ready function.

Allan
    Aaaaaaarrrrrgh - wrong date-format etc. - got it working! Thank you so much, what a great relief!
This discussion has been closed.