Tinymce does not appear

Tinymce does not appear

bacalovbacalov Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited February 2014 in Editor
Hi,
I guess after including the "tinymce.min.js" and "editor.tinymce.js" and changing field type to [code]"type": "tinymce"[/code] the wysiwyg editor should appear - I'm getting only empty texarea (no data at all) and no wysiwyg text field.
Please point me to the right direction... did I miss smth I'm very confused in the last 2 days.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/12899/post-test-cases-when-asking-for-help-please-read
  • allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Hi,

Have you downloaded and included the tinymce file from: https://editor.datatables.net/fields/plugins ? Can you show us the initialisation you are using, and ideally link to the page so we can debug it?

Allan
  • emtemt Posts: 46Questions: 10Answers: 0
    I'm having a similar issue. I've included editor.tinymce.js, and when I change the "type" to "tinymce", DT fails to load on the page.
  • tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    [quote] Can you show us the initialisation you are using, and ideally link to the page so we can debug it?[/quote]
    If DataTables is failing to load, then very likely there is a Javascript error on the page. If you look at the console in your browser - what does it show?

Allan
  • bacalovbacalov Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0
    Hi,
    In my case tinymce is included, There is no error in the console. In the meantime got another WYSIWYG to handle the job (I needed so far for 1 field), but I'll get some time to provide an online sample.
    Btw, could it be related to data loading via ajax?

Bacalov
  • indymxindymx Posts: 63Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited April 2014
    I get the tinymce widget just fine, and it edits data just fine, but I can't add a new record with it.

***I found that you need to turn off popup blockers in order for TinyMCE to work properly.

Works great now.
    Thanks for the information - bit limiting that, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes... There are other WIGWIYG editors that I'm going to put together as plug-ins for Editor in future.

Allan
  • sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

If this helps, once you open the editing modal, the console is showing (on mine):

TypeError: editor is null - on Line 17 of the plugin code:

if ( conf._initSetVal ) {
    editor.setContent( conf._initSetVal );
    conf._initSetVal = null;
    }

However if you close the modal and reopen it, the tiny mce editor then opens no problem. This I guess is an issue with initialisation?

• sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited May 2014

I should add that I simply copied and pasted the plugin code from the tinymce page here:

http://editor.datatables.net/plug-ins/field-type/editor.tinymce#Plug-in-code

And I note a commented out line:
    //that.off( 'onOpen.tinymceInit-'+conf.id ); (Line 21)

I don't know if thats relevant.

The other thing that seems odd - is that the tinymce plugin works only once, after the first successful view of a field it then does not pick up the text again from the data allthough displaying the editor.

• bacalovbacalov Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited May 2014

Had this one too... tinymce plugin works only once, after the first successful view of a field it then does not pick up the text again.

• indymxindymx Posts: 63Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited May 2014

CKEditor seems to work ok.

This discussion has been closed.