Delete, Update and Reorder Issues

Delete, Update and Reorder Issues

rolshanrolshan Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2014 in DataTables 1.9
I am using DataTables to dynamically create DataTables on the fly. In doing so, I am running into a couple of issues. The tables are populated using JSON data passed back from a server call via a URL. I am initialing the DataTable using aoColumns instead of aoColumnDefs. Not sure if this is part of the issue.

Upon calling fnDeleteRow, I am getting the following error: [quote]Unable to get property 'aoData' of undefined or null reference.[/quote] I am passing in the correct index of the row I am deleting.

Upon calling fnUpdate, I am getting the following error: [quote]Unable to get property 'aoData' of undefined or null reference.[/quote] I am passing in the correct index of the row I am updating and JSON that matches the JSON that initially populated the grid.

I am also using the row reordering plugin. Upon dragging a row to a new position, the grid is not passing in expected values. If I was to drag a row to a new position, fnMoveRows would be called as follows:

[quote]oTable - table object
sSelector - "tbody tr"
iCurrentPostion - "Test" (This is the value of the column the sort was initiated from)
iNewPosition - "NaN"
sDirection - "forward"
id - "row_1bb8f567-69dc-49d8-ad18-313663df676c"
sGroup = ""[/quote]

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    can you link to a test case showing the issue please.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.