ColVis suggestion for positioning

ColVis suggestion for positioning

dpkonofadpkonofa Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

It looks like, currently, ColVis appends the "collection" group to the end of the page and then positions it absolutely. I know that you can set the variable to position it via CSS but that's basically pointless because it's still inserted at the end of the document. I would like to know if it's possible to control where the collection is positioned and, if not, if I can suggest that we have an additional initializer (besides 'C') to be able to specify where in the DOM the collection will end up. Ideally, I consider these options to be similar to the "Search" in that they filter the data in the table so, in most of my UI's, I'd like the ColVis button to say "Filter these results" or something similar and have it show/hide both the ColVis collection boxes and the search box. As far as I can see, there's no way to accomplish this with the current version of DataTables or ColVis.

Either way... Thanks for this excellent plugin. I'm really, really impressed with how much work has gone into this and how much easier it's made my life.

This discussion has been closed.