innerHTML problem - IE

innerHTML problem - IE

tciriptcirip Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2009 in General
Hey,

Great library, good job!

I am getting JavaScript errors in jquery.dataTables.js line 293

oSettings.nPaginateList.innerHTML = sList;

Pretty much all innerHTML. The problem is related to innerHTML. It is driving me nuts. All examples from your site work fine in the same instance of IE. All works fine in Firefox.

Cheers,

Tomas

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    HI Tomas,

What's the Javascript error that you are getting? Even better would be if you could post a link to an example showing this error.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • tciriptcirip Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan,

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was on vacation ... I will send you email. Unfortunately I cannot post a link.

Thanks,

Tomas
  • jurgenfdjurgenfd Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Just to follow up because I think I saw a similar table. Thanks for this great tool!

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    1. Look at page:
    http://nmr.cmbi.ru.nl/eNMRworkshop/data/AS/BASPParis/BASPParis.cing/BASP/HTML/Molecule/
    B/LYS13/index.html#_top
    with IE8
    2. Select Tools->Developer's Tools
    3. Select Scripts tab panel
    4. Click on the error shown in the attached file

"""
    oSettings.anFeatures.i.innerHTML = ..
    """
    shows up as the error. Turns out that the element oSettings.anFeatures.i exists but has no
    innerHTML.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
    I expected to see the information at the bottom reading: "Showing 1 to 10 of 53 record" but
    nothing shows up. All the rest of the table decorations show up fine.

The example at:
    http://www.datatables.net/examples/example_zero_config.html
    works fine on this IE8 so it must be something in my data or configuration.

Cross posted at: http://code.google.com/p/cing/issues/detail?id=180
    Jurgen,

I am experiencing the problem on both IE7 and IE8. Do you?

Cheers,

Tomas
    Very odd indeed. I don't actually have access to IE8 at the moment, so I can't help debug it too much right now. I've had a look at your code (and mine) and I don't see anything obvious as to what could be going on. But given that Tomas is seeing this as well, it's obviously not just an isolated problem.

Tomas, did you send me an e-mail - if so apologies for either not getting back to you or it getting lost in the chaos of last week. Could you send me a link to your page showing the problem? Perhaps we can identify a common cause.

Regards,
    Allan
    I tried to send couple of emails to you but it bounced back for some reason. I will try to isolate the problem and send it to you again.

Cheers,

Tomas
    Hi Tomas,

My e-mail was down and out last week while the server was having it's problems. But everything should be back to normal now.

Thanks,
    Allan
    HI jurgenfd,

Regarding the issue that you are facing - the HTML on your page isn't actually valid (for example there is no closing tag (but there are two opening tags. This might well have an impact on how IE deals with certain JavaScript DOM events. I'd suggest trying to make your code valid, and then if it still doesn't work, we can move on to the next possibility :-)

Regards,
    Allan
    Allan,

I made document valid and ... it works now! Thanks again and I am sorry about wasting your time. Great library, great product, thanks again.

Tomas
This discussion has been closed.