Help, the table doesn't show up

Help, the table doesn't show up

jason30jason30 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi all,

Somehow the table just don't show up. It's so frustrating!

Thead and tbody is there, js is loaded, css is loaded.

Jquery.js gives one error;
TypeError: Argument 1 of Node.appendChild is not an object.
...end.call(e,v,d)===!1||s===2)){v.abort();return!1}for(u in{success:1,error:1,comp...

Datatables version: 1.10.0
Jquery version: 1.7.2

I have run DataTables debugger; Debug code: ezuyaz http://debug.datatables.net/ezuyaz
Live datatables console says: "HierarchyRequestError (line 4)"

Hopefully someone can help me out.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• RpiechuraRpiechura Posts: 98Questions: 3Answers: 14

The most likely cause is that you're calling .dataTable() on an incorrect selector. IE if you have an html div with the id of example you need to do $("#example"). That's my first guess anyway. Looking through the debug, I'll let you know if I find anything else.

• RpiechuraRpiechura Posts: 98Questions: 3Answers: 14
    Answer ✓

Comparing your debug code to one I've used before, the only difference that I see is that the rows (your data) are in html format instead of JSON format, but I'm guessing that's because I was using server side instead of client side processing. I really don't know what to tell you if it's not something simple like the selector being incorrect.

Obviously if you wrote some javascript that happens before the call to datatables and it's throwing an error than the datatable call won't happen since most browsers default to turning off javascript when there is an error. I'd think about posting the code that is throwing the error if you know what it is.

• jason30jason30 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for your reply.

There is 1 jquery error when i load the page, the Firefox console says:
    TypeError: Argument 1 of Node.appendChild is not an object.
    ./js/jquery.js Line 4

Could this be the blocking issue?

• jason30jason30 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

It's fixed!
    You were right, another javascript/jquery error caused the problem with loading datatables.
    I had to update the jquery ui file.
    Now it's fixed, thanks again for your help.

This discussion has been closed.