datable with jquery 1.4.2

datable with jquery 1.4.2

krishnasinghkrishnasingh Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

my proj uses jquery1.4.2 and i noted that with that version the ui of report table header is not render properly. column headers and data column aligment not fitting properly and footer having total data for report not aligning properly with data columns. when i use jquery 1.11 it aligns fine.. please advise as on my page i will need jquery 1.4.2 for other components.

Answers

• krishnasinghkrishnasingh Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

is datatable.css required.. what if am already using my css for formatting table.?

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

DataTables requires jQuery 1.7 or newer.

You can use your own CSS if you like; or you could amend datatables.css to suit your requirements.

thanks tangerine.. also how can i instruct datatable.js to use say jquery 1.11 instead of 1.4.2 in case i have both jquery files load on that page... eg i want rest of the code on my page to run with jquery 1.4.2 and for the table component i want it to use some alias say jq111..

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

DataTables 1.9.4 will work correctly with jQuery 1.3.2+.

You can use two versions of jQuery on a page, but it I would strongly recommend against it. Google for how to do it if you really must.

Allan

just tried this..

var jqv111 = JQuery.noConflict(true);

and in datable.js replaced all call to $( and $. with jqv111( and jqv11. respectively.. and it worked.. thanks allan will try out 1.9.4

This discussion has been closed.