script error JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'row'

script error JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'row'

chandrashekarthotachandrashekarthota Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using the below link to show and hide rows using datatables plugin. But I get wierd error script error JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'row'. I debugged and found that there is data in tr. what might be the wrong here?

http://datatables.net/reference/api/row().child.isShown()

Answers

• Tom_BrownTom_Brown Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am experiencing the same error.

I should note that I am doing server-side processing, I don't know if that means anything.

• chandrashekarthotachandrashekarthota Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited June 2014

Any solution ? I lost most of my hair in last two days debugging this code. Any help would be highly appreciated.

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Two days could have been saved, if you had read the second top FAQ.

Allan

• Tom_BrownTom_Brown Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Wow, thanks for the tip, but you don't think that having two completely different object types differentiated only by a single capital letter isn't a recipe for confusion??

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Possibly. I did consider calling the new API one dataTablesApi and maybe I should have done. The reason I picked what I did was for simplicity (although that might only be apparent simplicity) - jQuery plug-ins, by convention use lowercase and return a jQuery object. In Javascript, "classes" are created with an Uppercase name, so I felt the differentiation would be useful and easy. I might have got it wrong!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.