DataTables 1.10 in Google Apps Script (Caja issues?)

DataTables 1.10 in Google Apps Script (Caja issues?)

jsm174jsm174 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2014 in Free community support

Hello.

I'm trying to use DataTables in a Google Apps Script. I'm using the fixed columns plugin to lock in the first column.

Everything works fine, except the "Show entries" select box is broken.

If I use 1.10, the select box is visible with no entries.

If I use 1.10 nightly, there is no select box and just the text "Show undefined entries".

I'm wondering if the CAJA parser is preventing something from working because I'm seeing several

Rejecting table.setAttribute

Rejecting a.setAttribute

error messages in the console.

Sorting, pagination, and everything else works great.

I've tried the same identical code in a test.html file, and it works great.

I've shared the Google Doc at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UZQjzwC4cuER6kvJQvi9GoW7rV45htnKWi4Bu9AC4Fw/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Jason

Replies

• jsm174jsm174 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0

Just checking in on this topic, and realized I never set the permissions of the Google Doc to editable so no one could run the example!

I've just update the permissions.

-- Jason

• WarehousemanWarehouseman Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

For what it is worth, I have exactly that experience too.

It certainly is Caja interfering. If you use Chrome and run its Javascript Console, multiple instances of a single caja rejection are shown. However, clicking on them takes you to the Caja vetted source. Scrolling through that, you'll find may "repaired" and "can't repair" violations.

Google works closely with jQuery to ensure it remains caja safe, but it seems really hit and miss for other extensions.

The DataTables developers would have to run through and deal with every violation -- a major pain in the glootz, I'm sure.

I'd love to know that its on the road map, but I doubt if it has high priority, since jQuery in GAS is painfully slow anyway.

• alejandroquadrialejandroquadri Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Did you get any solution? It would be useful to know what features of DataTables are compatible whith GAS.

This discussion has been closed.