Chronological sorting of date-time column ? bizarre situation

Chronological sorting of date-time column ? bizarre situation

sunildonsunildon Posts: 40Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hi alan & co

This been eating my time like hell i cant find a patch to this one .
I am using jquery 1.7 and datatables 1.9.4

I am unable to sort perfectly the datatime column in my datatable .(data coming from database)

My test results are weird i.e it is sorting by date 1-31 (asc/dsc) and sadly month,year not taken into consideration . ""
I have aoColumns with {"stype":} .

I have no clue how to make things work in simplest of manner with in my limitations.

Any patch for this is appreciated & thank you

Answers

• DaimianDaimian Posts: 62Questions: 1Answers: 15

I have a Datatable with this working...
    What format is your datetime in? I have mine as "mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM".

Datatables 1.9.4 can detect and sort date/time/datetime automatically.

• sunildonsunildon Posts: 40Questions: 7Answers: 0
    edited July 2014

Hi

well but not happening in my case . my format looks like 30-05-2014 18:45:00 .

Actually i'm converting datetime to string in controller and binding to my table . but when i try to keep like datetime i am getting something like /Date(1401436560000)/ but in sorted oder ? but how to display date

Regards

I have not been able to find what formats are supported but you likely will need to change it.

Try formatting the date and time mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm for a moment to see if it works.

yep will try that . but after i convert like you said there wont be any issue with my approach ?
    I used to bind to datatable as string will that work fine in controller ? i am passing json response to client side via ' sAjaxsource '.

Conversion tips are helpful mate

If you continue to have issues you may need to help us out by posting an example online for us all to see. Here is a post on how to do that.

I would love to make things better to explain my issue but i am getting data from server i cant create my exact scenario in the link pointed out , conversion tips will do fine

This discussion has been closed.