Custom Filter Toggle on hidden column

Custom Filter Toggle on hidden column

dsnapdsnap Posts: 23Questions: 3Answers: 0

I've got a table with color coded table rows. There is a key at the top of the table that shows what the colors mean and is also clickable to filter the table by the keys. Riffing off the official custom filter example and a post in the forum that was quasi on target with what I wanted to accomplish I tried a few things. I got the filter by tr class name working but that only filtered items in the dom that had a class. everything paginated was skipped. So I decided filtering by class name was a bad idea. I added a column to the table and put the info I wanted to filter by in there but that only worked when it was visible. Hiding the column broke the filter. And that's where I'm at now... How can I get a filter using a hidden column or, should I be taking a completely different route?

I made this.

Answers

• dsnapdsnap Posts: 23Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited July 2014

oh, and I should add that i'm aware that my filter on the js bin doesn't work. I was trying to figure out what part of aData I needed only to find that the hidden column no longer appears.

• dsnapdsnap Posts: 23Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hmm, it seems the column being hidden wasn't the problem it was that it wasn't searchable. Can I have the filtering AND have my search box not search the hidden column? I don't want to confuse people if they type something and see results but what they typed isn't in any of the visible columns.

This discussion has been closed.