full example?

full example?

ahabcaptainahabcaptain Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi guys,

I just bought datatables editor and wondering if there is a more 'mature' example available that i could start with? current examples seem to feature just one item per example and rest of the example is just as much as it needs to be to support that feature.

I find it much easier to start with a huge example and hack my way down then to get stuck with syntax and issues trying to integrate solo examples like the one's provided. maybe not for everyone but if you know of an example like that i'd appreciate a pointer.

thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

You are right, the examples intentionally show one feature for each example so that they can each be individually understood and built up.

The Editor manual might be of some use here: https://editor.datatables.net/manual/options#Setting-options - particularly:

The object being passed in is just a standard Javascript object and can be treated as such. Predefine it if needed, add as many options as you wish, etc!

What features are you looking to combine?

Allan

• ahabcaptainahabcaptain Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited July 2014

thanks for that allan,

themerollerui+new items inline(empty new line would appear at top and after submit get sorted and then focus would follow that new entry)+edit whole line inline, not single boxes (with double-click)+multiple select(single click+ctrl)+select2 examples included, especially tagging+mysql-backend+hidden ID column+more

pretty much a fully working example with database back-end.

Heh - this is why the examples all show individual features so they can be built up, since it would be impossible for be to write and maintain complex examples that show all features.

There are also a number of features in your request that are not built into the core code, such as whole line inline editing.

Allan

i get that.. but even something "that is towards what i want" would help even if it's only with core features. maybe 2-3 examples that combine most of the core code features all-in-one wouldn't be the worst thing. :)

Answer ✓

There are a number of the extension examples that combine multiple extensions together, but yes, a few more complex examples would be good. I've added it to my list. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Allan

cool, looking forward to seeing those

This discussion has been closed.