After Inline Edit, Cannot Do Another Edit? - Page 2

After Inline Edit, Cannot Do Another Edit?

2»

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,938Questions: 1Answers: 10,157 Site admin

@r1andreas - Are you using server-side processing? Are you also using the tab example for tabbing between inline fields? I might have a fix for that if that is the case. If not, I would need a test case.

Allan

• r1andreasr1andreas Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0

I think I do not use what you call "server-side processing". when you look at the code I sent you, and read through the comments in this code, I explain the flow of my app (I've written the comments only for you ;)

• basically I have a plain old html table with data in it (id='AB')
    • then I init the editor: new $.fn.dataTable.Editor(table: 'AB')
    • then I call $('#AB').dataTable()

the error has nothing to do with tabbing: you have a table with 3 columns. you do an inline edit on column2. inline edit successful. then click on the "edit" button. you can edit column1 and column3, column2 does not exist (see my video)

hope that helps ;)

Br,
    Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update and extra information. Indeed you aren't using server-side processing with the above code. The problem i am having is that I cannot reproduce the problem you describe when using the latest version of Editor (1.3.2). That makes it very difficult to debug and hence why I would need a link to a test case showing the problem.

Allan

• rosamaria.castillocolladorosamaria.castillocollado Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited August 2014

I'm afraid I'm also reproducing the many errors described:

Using the browser/features:
    - IE11 v11.0.9600.17239

I'll send u an email with the front-end code ASAP

• r1andreasr1andreas Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0

just to let you know, inline editing is working for me now. my application is tested in a production environment and this is what I had to do, to make it work in IE:

• inline edit refresh bug: manually code a workaround, to re-init the table after each edit
    • tab between inline edits: save the last position in javascript object, re-init table, click into next cell
    • inline ESC key crash: hack the editor to do a submit on ESC, manually keep track of the original values, as on ESC no changes should be submitted
    • readonly columns: IE sometimes ignores readonly input elements, and allow text enter anyways. workaround by manually catch the keydown event
    • readonly rows: not supported be the editor, coded manually
    • no proper error handling support by the inline editor: manually coded on-error and on-field-validation-error bootstrap modal boxes by intercepting the onError and onSuccess ajax events

so at the current state of the inline editor, it is possible to make it work, and it is better than doing everything from scratch, but you do have to put some effort in

I think I have a fix for this issue now. Thanks to all for your input!

Could anyone who would like to beta test 1.3.3 with this fix let me know and I'll e-mail the updated file over to you.

Thanks,
    Allan

Update: I've just released Editor 1.3.3 which contains a number of fixes, including related to this issue. If you are seeing this issue and using tab control, please update your tabbing implementation, as per the updated example.

Important Please also ensure that you are using DataTables 1.10.2 (or newer). There was an issue with v1.10.0 that triggered a bug in IE that resulted in the bug reported here.

Allan

• rosamaria.castillocolladorosamaria.castillocollado Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Using Editor 1.3.3 + Datatabes 1.10.2 the IE issue has been solved.

Thkns

Excellent to hear - thanks for the feedback :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.