Refresh datatables with jsf

Refresh datatables with jsf

pcabralpcabral Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited July 2014 in Free community support

Hi!

First of all, thank you for the plugin! It's been really useful :)

But I'm facing a problem: I'm trying to refresh a table using h:dataTable with JavaServer Faces. I've tried many different ways and none of them worked. I tried to delete and build the table again, I tried to use the draw() function, fnReloadAjax(), etc and I got many different errors.

Is there a way to reload a jsf table without passing the data in dataTables constructor? I'm building the table this way:

table = $('#table').DataTable({
"pagingType": "full_numbers",
"order": [[3, "desc"]]
});

And my table is like this:

<h:dataTable id="table" value="#{bean.data}" var="dt" > .... </h:dataTable>

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• daniel_rdaniel_r Posts: 460Questions: 4Answers: 67
    edited July 2014

If you mean that you want to refresh your table using f:ajax , then know that you have to re-init datatable upon ajax success

I mean something like this:

function reloadTable(data) {
        if (data.status === 'success') {
            //place your refresh / re-init code of Datatable here...
        }
    }

and add to your f:ajax the following:

onevent="reloadTable"

And also take a look at this answer: http://stackoverflow.com/a/13747083/617373

• pcabralpcabral Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, Daniel!

Thanks for your reply. But I didn't understand what is the data format I have to pass. Is it json? Because I get from the managedBean a list of objects and I just pass it to the <h:dataTable>.

I tried to reload my jsf component but then it loses all the DataTables formatting. So I cannot simple reload my jsf component.

What I'm doing now is (and now it's almost working but not yet the way I wish), I refresh my component and then I initialize the DataTables. But I thought it might have some function in DataTable api that does it.

Thank you!

• daniel_rdaniel_r Posts: 460Questions: 4Answers: 67
    Answer ✓

1) You can generate a simple (blank) table with <h:dataTable> and than load its content with ajax source ( create a servlet that will pass JSON to your table and from that moment work only with Datatable API ,
    2) You really can load the entire table using the JSF and then apply Datatable API on it , choose what ever fit you best, but know that if it gonna be a really big table and you'll see performance issues, then you better do the first option I meantioned

• pcabralpcabral Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I got it! I'll try the first option you mentioned. Thank you, Daniel!

This discussion has been closed.