Data Tables with xhtml

Data Tables with xhtml

NephilimNephilim Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi would it be possible to use this Data Table in a xhtml page is it Compatible with xhtml or is it only compatible with html?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

DataTables will work just fine in an XHTML page.

Allan

• NephilimNephilim Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

well i am using jboss server and my project is a spring project and am using xhtml ..... the datatable works in normal html but in xhtml it really doesnt seem to be working at all ,.... would you mind giving a small example for me to know whether it works in xhtml ?

Allan thanks for your interest in replying ......

I would be great if you could submit an example page using JSFiddle or similar showing the issue.

I'll try to take a look at build a test case myself, but can't promise when I'll get to do that as I've got a number of other commitments.

Allan

Hi Allan,
    Thanks for your reply. I don't think JSFiddle supports Xhtml . But i have rather used Pastebin for your reference of my code . Here is the link http://pastebin.com/1BUKAPje .
    I see nothing wrong in the way i have used your datatable as it clearly works in a normal html page . But in xhtml It simply displays the entire content of the table and the css and js doesnt apply to it . If you could give me your email id i shall send you the screen shots .
    Thanks for your reply .

Have a nice day.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

Have you tried loading jquery js before you load DataTables js?

If I modify the code in the pastebin to be valid XHTML and run it, it appears to work as expected: http://live.datatables.net/xidanune/1 .

The one change in ordination that I made was to load jQuery before DataTables (since DataTables is a plug-in for jQuery).

Allan

Hi allan,
    Thanks a lot it is working pretty well . Damm i did the biggest blunder. Thanks for pointing me out in the right direction. Thanks a lot mate . Thanks for your time. Have a great day .

Nephilim

This discussion has been closed.