TableTools extension not working. Cannot find .swf file even though it is there. why?

TableTools extension not working. Cannot find .swf file even though it is there. why?

justjoe300justjoe300 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited August 2014 in Free community support

So I have spent the day trying to get this extension to work. I have the .swf file in the right place, and yet when I run the page, it still says it cant find the file, and in the console, the path is different than the path I specified. I have looked(extensively) at the API and have found no help.
I used the table debugger and the code is uramac

I am posting the code here:

$(document).ready(function() { var table = $('#balances').DataTable({ tableTools: { "sSwfPath": "/_inc/content/current-loan-balances-report/copy_csv_xls_pdf.swf" } }); var tt = new $.fn.dataTable.TableTools( table ); $( tt.fnContainer() ).insertBefore('div.dataTables_wrapper'); } );

someone please help!

Answers

• justjoe300justjoe300 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

what I can't figure out is why when I check the console I am getting a path that I did not designate for the file as directed by the instructions in the API.

• justjoe300justjoe300 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Ok, so I figured it out and thought I would post here in case others need help. When I downloaded the files for TableTools, I copied the file and put it in my parent directory, but I needed to place the folder swf with the file in it into my parent directory. Hope this helps someone out.

This discussion has been closed.