KeyTable extension performance

KeyTable extension performance

StuartFStuartF Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am using the KeyTable extension, and during some testing I created a table 20 columns wide by about 300 rows tall. With a table of that size, I see a 2-4 second lag between a navigational key press and the response in the browser. I'm guessing the table gets redrawn over and over? Any idea where I should look for optimization opportunities?

The table is 100% dynamic, if that makes a difference. Our only html is a table tag. We get column schema data from our web server, instantiate datatables with those columns, then add row data. We also have the AutoFill and FixedColumn extensions applied.

Answers

• StuartFStuartF Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

So the table redraw is the bottleneck. I commented out this line:

/* Re-draw the table */

//_oDatatable.oApi._fnDraw(oSettings);

and the response is snappy. I don't notice any problems with scrolling or the updates I've enabled. Any idea what side effects I might be missing with this edit?

• allanallan Posts: 62,858Questions: 1Answers: 10,344 Site admin

Hmmm - that's fairly horrible of KeyTable doing that. The only downside that I can think of to commenting it out is that it might not display correctly if the key press would take you to another page.

To be honest, KeyTable needs a complete rewrite. When i finish my current batch of work, that is going to be the priority...

Allan

This discussion has been closed.