Column Resizing by User

Column Resizing by User

creatorDotJScreatorDotJS Posts: 20Questions: 6Answers: 0

My client is firm in wanting to use ColVis and ColReorder (excellent extensions) AND they also want the user to be able to resize the columns. I know this discussion has been going on for a couple of years:
http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/2474/column-resizing

I'm going to try the last recommended solution from 1.5 yrs ago - however, is there someone that has a more recent solution or currently working on this?

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,201Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Hi,

Currently no there isn't an "official" (i.e. from me) solution for this. It is on my to do list, and I hope to do it before the end of the year, but that probably isn't of much help to you just at the moment... In essence the approach I would probably take is to use table-layout: fixed and then simply apply a width to the column on resize. x-scrolling would have to be enabled for the table, and it probably won't take that long to develop, but isn't something I've been able to spend time on just yet.

Regards,
    Allan

• dykstraddykstrad Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 1

Hey there, I currently have a ColResize plugin that is almost complete, it works along side ColVis, ColReorder. I will post it soon.

• creatorDotJScreatorDotJS Posts: 20Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thank you Allan for the information and for your continued help and development. Excellent dykstrad! I look forward to it and I'll be an official tester. :)

Check out https://github.com/Silvacom/colResize for a new ColResize plugin.

• creatorDotJScreatorDotJS Posts: 20Questions: 6Answers: 0

The ColResize plugin from dykstrad is amazing. I've been testing and it is working great. Clean, minimal code. Thank you dykstrad!

Thank you,

I am sure there are still some optimizations that would help improve the plug in. @allan I hope this plug in can be a benefit to DataTables.

David

• allanallan Posts: 63,201Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Awesome! I completely missed this before - apologies. I've added it to the DataTables news feed (on the front page).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.