Multiple versions of DataTables

Multiple versions of DataTables

vogomatixvogomatix Posts: 38Questions: 3Answers: 7

I wish to supplant an earlier version of datatables included (1.10.0) with a later version (1.10.2). The 1.10.0 version is included in a bundled file that I have to load. Will simply loading the later version supplant the functionality of the earlier version in the same manner as jQuery does?

1.10.2 appears to fix a significant performance issue in IE that I've been requested to resolve.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Heh - that behaviour of jQuery has been the subject of so many questions in this forum over the years, it is interesting to see it being not only desirable but actively used.

DataTables will not currently overwrite itself if a dataTable object has already been attached to jQuery.fn. This is the line that triggers that behaviour.

You could remove that in your local copy of 1.10.2, or I guess another option would be to load another jQuery (messy, but an option I guess!).

Allan

• vogomatixvogomatix Posts: 38Questions: 3Answers: 7

Thanks very much for the update - it was my impression before I wrote this that things would be messy, so I've already recommended the customer will have to wait for our next full release.

This discussion has been closed.